Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Vegetable Sewai (Fried Indian Noodels)

Mostly we eat Sewai as dessert and that too as a kheer, even I never knew one can make Sewai like this,  because during college days I was lost with maggi but as you grow up, you realize and try to pick healthy food. For the first time I had this during my post graduation at food court at one of my Friend hostel, it was real yum but now recently I had this at Sikh temple in Singapore so i decided i am gonna try this before i forget so at home I made this for evening snacks with lots of fresh frozen veggies. Its as fastest as maggi and tasty and healthy Ofcourse lot more than maggi.


Ingredients:

Wheat roasted Sewai 1 cup
1 chopped onion
Green peas 2 tablespoon
Mix vegetable 1/2 cup ( I have used frozen mix veggies like French beans, sweet corn, carrot)
Oil 1 tablespoon
Turmeric 1 teaspoon
Cumin 1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Lime juice 1 teaspoon
Fresh coriander
Salt to Taste


Method:

Boil 4 cup of water adding salt than add wheat Sewai to it and Cover it for 3-4 minuets. Just want to make it soft not over cooked and drain it. Now in pan heat oil add onions and fry till golden brown in colour than add turmeric, cumin, chilli powder cook for 1 minutes than add all the remaining veggies and add Sewai and cook on medium slow flame for 2 minutes. Add like juice and sprinkle fresh coriander and serve hot or at room temperature.... !!!





Keep rocking and enjoy cooking in Gangnam style..!!
Pragati !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Leave your suggestions if any.